The church first began as a fellowship
in a believers house in 1977. They
applied to and were granted a plot of
land by the municipality in 1994.
They endured strong opposition and their
initial building was destroyed. The new
Church building was inaugurated in 2005
with 400 believers, now having risen to
||The Meserete Kristos Fellowship was first established in Addis Ababa in 1955 by
missionaries who came from America. When the communist government began to
rule Ethiopia the church became indigenous. Two Ethiopians moved from Addis
Ababa in 1988 and founded this church in Debre Zeyit.